Re: Enabling telnet access

Paal Marker wrote:
> debian 3.0r2  kernel 2.2.20

You probably really want to consider upgrading to a 2.4 kernel.
Debian 3.0r2 supports linux-2.4.18 with security patches.

> I have installed telnetd, and it is running.

You probably also want to install telnetd-ssl instead.  It does not
really change anything.  But at least then 'ssh' don't send you hate
mail about having telnetd installed.  I think that is an annoyance of
the ssh package.  But easy enough to work around, I guess.

Bob