Client keyboard doesn't work when I use vncserver to serve gnome session (but works with kde)

I'm using unstable and vncserver with the vnc client for windows from vnc's website. I'm a gnome user so I'd prefer to serve a gnome session. The problem with that is that the client keyboard doesn't seem to work in gnome when I do that-- even if I specify the client keyboard make in the gnome keyboard applet. Again, the client keyboard works fine when I serve a kde session. And the server's keyboard works fine in gnome too. Any suggestions of what I may need to do here to successfully serve gnome with vncserver? Thanks

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com