Re: Uh Oh... Prof requires ms word format

%% cecil <xeys_00@yahoo.com> writes:

  c> Maybe I should get a different laptop? Is a 150 mhz machine with 2 gig
  c> hd and 32 meg ram going to be able to do the job? I'm worried now.

I seriously doubt you'll be able to run Office with that amount of
RAM... and even getting it installed (with the rest of Linux) in 2G will
be tricky (but is probably doable with work).

On the other hand, Windows is an even worse resource hog than Linux, and
there's NO freakin' way you'll be able to get Windows (well, maybe
Windows 3.1...) to run at all on that system, much less any of the
Office products.  So...

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortelnetworks.com>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools