RE: Mouse Jumps/ Moves Erratically

I'm not sure what you mean by the trapped moth syndrome, but I have tried
just about every protocol that XF86Config says it supports.  Right now,
since I'm using my wndz machine to check the email and forums, I've got my
Linux machine shut down.  I'll check the xset man page as soon as I boot it
up, but I don't think it's a speed issue.  I try to "sneak" the mouse to,
for example, the title bar on the login window (as though I were going to
click on it to move the window), and the mouse moves closer... closer...
then jumps to the other side of the screen.  This is just one example.  It
does seem to work better when I move it slower, but still not right and we
are talking *real* slow here.

Thanks;)