Re: Two-part question

On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 11:52, John Summerfield wrote:
> Who owns the directory  etc this creates? Who is the cp command being
> run as?
>
> Are the sudo and maildirmake in the right order?

The problem was with permissions. However, I'm going through hell right
now trying to set up a sudoers file that will allow users to create
their own home directories. The key problem is creating it with *their*
permissions. If I can just be able to create a directory with specified
permissions, *without* having the utility change the permissions on an
already made directory, I'll be happy.

Problems so far:

/bin/install -o user does the trick, but if you call it on a directory
that already exists, it has its owner changed to user.

/bin/mkdir has no way of specifying the owner, and I'm NOT going to
allow every user to do a `sudo chown` for obvious reasons.

--
Stephen Touset <stephen@touset.org>