Re: How do I make my linux machine a dialin server

Johnny wrote:

Hi
I am interested in makeing my Debian linux machine a
dialin server.  So that when I am at my sister house
she has a win95 box.  I want to dial up my linux box
from her computer to get connected to my linux
computer get a file or check my email. How would I
configure this.
My linux box has a extrnal modem it is on tty1 with
DSL.

You'll have to install mgetty and configure it for inbound PPP access or shell access (you can do both on the same modem).

--
Nate Duehr, nate@natetech.com