Re: automatic handling of USB mass storage devices (fstab & mount point)

Christophe Combelles wrote:

For people using kernel 2.6 and UDev, and want to quickly and easily access any usb storage device with an _explicit_ name for mount point,
here is a script you can try.

Please read the story and installation details here : http://ccomb.free.fr/wiki/wakka.php?wiki=UsbMassStorageEnglish

Feel free to try, debug, modify, criticize, adapt, improve, etc.

Thanks Christophe. It's very timely for me, I've just taken to plugging cameras and laptop drives into USB ports, and a 2.6.5 kernel awaiting my next reboot.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait