Re: HOWTO's on sid/sarge - where are they?

On (25/06/04 16:54), James Sinnamon wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 09:19 am, Clive Menzies wrote:
> > On (07/06/04 18:59), res0nid7@verizon.net wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I asked earlier about getting the NFS server
>
> <snip/>
>
> > A good place to start is:
> >
> > http://hr.uoregon.edu/davidrl/samba.html
> >
> > There is also a good nfs Howto in woody:
> > /usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/NFS_HOWTO.gz
>
> In what package do I find this file?  I have installed
> the packages doc-linux-text and doc-linux-html and still
> can't find  NFS_HOWTO.gz
>
> Whilst I am running a testing/sarge system and not a
> woody system, I would have thought  there should be
> some kind of NFS HOWTO be found.  In any case
> a query of the packages database tells me:
Hi James

I too have searched my sid system for the file and can't find it - maybe
it's felt that anyone running sid should know HOWTO ;)

It would be useful to get an answer on why HOWTO's aren't available on
sarge/sid but meanwhile, attached is the one (from woody) you're looking for.

Regards

Clive

--
http://www.clivemenzies.co.uk