Re: can not compile kde, some xmkmf problem

2004. június 25. 08:48,
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>
-> Debian-User <debian-user@lists.debian.org>:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 12:13:23PM +0200, LeVA said
>
> > 2004. június 24. 04:31,
> > Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>
> >
> > -> Debian-User <debian-user@lists.debian.org>:
> > > On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 11:54:05AM +0200, LeVA said
> > >
> > > Since XFree86 4.4.0 isn't in Debian, you must have installed it
> > > from a tarball or something.  You'll need to point the KDE
> > > configure script at the location you unpacked it to.  Or just
> > > install the Debian packaged X headers.
> >
> > The /usr/X11R6 install path is standard, so the configure must find
> > the dir....
>
> Um, you installed a binary tarball of X to /usr/X11R6?  That's a
> *really* bad idea.  Nonetheless, Debian has the X headers packaged.
> Or get them from XFree86.
I don't want to get the debian packaged xfree.. I've installed xf-4.4.0
from the binary package from xfree86.org. And what could be the problem
with the /usr/X11R/ install dir? :)) That *is* the default install
path, and I think installing to anywhere else is a *really* bad idea...

--
LeVA