Re: Debian installation

On 06/24/04 16:20, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
After the very useful discussion on sarge vs sid, I downloaded the sid installer and tried to set it up on a Dell desktop with a 3Com 3C905C-Tx card.

When it tries to detect the network, I get the message "Error while running modprobe -v aic7xxx

My Dell desktop originally had a 3c509 nic when I installed a kernel 2.4.22 sid late last year. It worked fine. I see this commented out in /etc/modules after I installed a new nic (needed the ISA slot for a sound card):

3c509

Maybe that would do it?

Good luck!