Re: Firebird/Interbase DBD for Debian

Douglas G. Phillips wrote:

On 22 Jun, Daniel L. Miller wrote:
I'm looking for a Firebird/Interbase DBD under Debian Unstable - I'm not
finding a package.  Is there one?

I didn't see any packages for it, but in CPAN there is a DBD-Interbase
module you could probably look at.
I was having difficulty compiling that module - that's why I wanted a pre-made .deb package. I was also having problems installing Firebird (non-packaged version). After some other suggestions, I deleted the check for the "ex" editor in the Firebird installation script and got version 1.5 to install. After that, the CPAN module installed. So I'm operational - just wishing I was using a fully packaged system. Sigh. I guess I'll have to wait for some generous and willing soul to re-adopt Firebird for Debian - something I'm willing, but not qualified for.

Daniel