In Praise of Apt-Spy

I've used apt-spy before, but this time I put the resulting "closest"
server at the top of the list in /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://mirrors.rcn.net/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main
contrib non-free
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib

This seems to have made the difference. I like having more than one
source, and http.us.debian.org as a last resort since it's likely to
be kept updated even if all others fail, but I don't want to overuse
the "primary".

The updates are coming in at about 375KB/s (cable), which is very nice
indeed.

"Information about 15030 package(s) was updated."

Holy Moly Puddin Pie! Thanks, Debian.

Curt-

--
September 11th, 2001