Re: Kernel Panic while booting from 2.6.3

i think that  in lilo (grub) you haven't specified the corect root
partition. to identify the root partition you cand use the "df" command
and search for the "/" partition. thet is the one you should use as root.

if you use lilo try to edit lilo.conf and add the folowing line under the
image you want to load
root=/dev/hdax

x means the number coresponding to / partition

George Roman
Technical Support
RDS Timisoara Branch - Network Operations Center
Tel: +4 0356 400 200
Tel: +4 0256 200 033
Fax: +4 0256 294 510
www.rdsnet.ro

"If virtue precede us every step will be safe."
					Seneca

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this
message. If youare not the addressee indicated in this message
(or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you
may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such a case,
you should  destroy this message and kindly notify the
sender by reply e-mail.