Re: no hard disk drives detected ?!?

Hello

mark@javector.com (<mark@javector.com>) wrote:

> I'm trying to install Debian 3.0r2 on a Dell PowerEdge 1750
> with a SCSI HDD (IBM/HITACHI 73GB U320).  I get the message
> "No hard disk drives were detected.  You either need to
> load special drivers ..."

Maybe the installation kernel does not have a driver for your SCSI
controller. Try the 2.4.18 installation kernel. At the boot prompt,
type "bf24" instead of simply pressing ENTER. Read the instructions
displayed at the boot prompt to learn more about the various
installation kernels. If 2.4.18 does not support your controller as
well, try to get boot floppies with a newer kernel, e.g. from

<http://people.debian.org/~taggart/>

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270