Re: Install CD does not boot on LITE-ON model LTN-403

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ketil Froyn" <ketilfroyn@gmail.com>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 6:29 PM
Subject: Install CD does not boot on LITE-ON model LTN-403

> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to help a colleague install debian, but we ran into
> some serious trouble booting the CD. None of the debian install CDs
> worked (tried netinst beta 4, test candidate 1, and woody cd 1),
> whereas redhat and all other CDs he has tried worked fine. The CD-ROM
> drive in question was a LITE-ON model LTN-403. We changed it with
> another CD-ROM drive, and then everything went smooth.
>
> I just wanted to share this experience for the archive, and perhaps
> someone will find out why this happened and fix the debian bootable
> CDs. :)

Interesting- I've been trying to install Sarge in the same manner and can't
get past the first CD.
I'm using a Liteon model LTN-526D.

I'd love the chance to get to grips with Debian, but so far I've just found
the experience rather frustrating.

Knoppix, on the other hand detects everything except my sound card.

Cheers,

Rich.