Re: Another "testing" vs "unstable" question

> UPGRADE FROM PREVIOUS RELEASES
>   Because Red Hat Linux Release 4.2 is built with advanced RPM
>   technology, your system will never become obsolete.  As new
>   releases become available you can upgrade any or all of your
>   components to the newest versions using a simple upgrade program
>   that does all the work for you...
>
> That was Red Hat, not Debian.

Sure sounds like Debian rather than the latest Fedora Core
recommendations (clean install).  I realize that FC is technically not
Red Hat anymore, but.  Many of the "problems" with the upgrade from FC1
to FC2 were probably related to the kernel change to 2.6.  Yum and
up2date seem like they are great within a major release, but getting
from one release to another using them isn't even advised.