Re: rick to burning a bootable Debian CD?

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 06:53:12PM -0700, Alvin Oga wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004, Micha Feigin wrote:
>
> > Its not enough to copy all the files to the cd (which is probably what
> > you did if you burned it in data mode). You need to make the cd
> > bootable by burning a basic system and marking where to find those
> > files.
>
> yup..
>
> a bootable cdrom will have /syslinux installed and you'd probably
> want to tweek the rc files and initrd into whatever the cd will be
> doing
>
> its simplest to take an existing bootable cdrom,
> 	- disasemble it
> 	( mount -t iso9660 -o ro,loop=/dev/loop0 $ISO /mnt/cdrom )
> 		$ISO is your cdrom or an *.iso image
> 	- replace or insert what you want ...
> 	- tweek what you want ( the fun part )
> 	- remove the junk
> 	- remake the new bootable *.iso image ( mkisofs )

Install dfsbuild (in sid). dfs = debian from scratch

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the
      Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and
      ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price;
      therefore glorify God in your body, and in your
      spirit, which are God's."      I Corinthians 6:19,20