Re: Sound system

Kent West wrote:

MillTek wrote:

Rthoreau wrote:

MillTek <Mill.Tek@verizon.net> wrote:

21 13:39:18 localhost kernel: i810: NVIDIA nForce Audio found at IO 0xdc00 and 0xd800, MEM 0x0000 and 0x0000, IRQ 20

Are you part of the Audio group, is the permission set right?

You mentioned permissions when asking about groups. How do I check this?

Log in as yourself, and then run "groups"; this will tell you what groups you're a member of. If you're not part of the "audio" group, add yourself with a command like "sudo addgroup milltek audio", then log out and back in.

I am a member of audio both as myself and as root. Still doesn't work.

Thanks,
Jim