Firestarter, ports access

Hey Ya,

I'm running a woody debian system and firestarter 0.9.3 and have a 56k USR modem for the internet. The thing is, whenever I connect to the internet, I receive a lot, but really lots of attempts to access on port 445, microsoft-ds and some port 135, loc-srv. Is it normal? I'm not running anything unusual, just the basic system, no servers, anything. Another thing is, whenever I run nmap here, there's some ports that are opened and I'm really worried about their security (these ports are 111 sunrpc and 515 printer). Is there a way to close these ports? I've tried blocking them with firestarter but did't work. Could anyone give me a hand?

Thomas Beresford