OpenOffice.org printing with CUPS + KDE

Hi all

For a long time I used the KDE printing system to handle my OOo
printing. T'was simple enough - fire spadmin, and then add a printer
with the command "/usr/bin/kprinter --stdin".

Any job send to that generic printer would then be handled by KDE, and
printed to my configured CUPS printers.

Alas, today I tried to set this up on a new machine and it doesn't work.
spadmin totally ignores any new printer I try to add, while
automagically having the two printers I've configured through KDE's
control center printers module.

These printers work fine from KDE applications, but not from OOo.
Nothing will print. I'm trying to make spadmin stop its auto-magic, and
just accept my simple "kdeprinter --stdin" pseudo-printer, but it just
silently discards my entry and keeps on listing the two printers it has
found from I-don't-know-where.

Any help with making it stop being so automatic, and just accept what
I'd like it to do?

Cheers

-A

PS:
debian:~# dpkg --list | grep office
ii  openoffice.org 1.1.1-3        high-quality office productivity suite
ii  openoffice.org 1.1.1-3        OpenOffice.org office suite binary
ii  openoffice.org 1.1.1-2+3      Debian specific parts of
ii  openoffice.org 20030813-3     English (US) hyphenation pattern
ii  openoffice.org 1.1.1-3        English (US) language package for
debian:~# dpkg --list | grep kdeprint
ii  kdeprint       3.2.2-1        KDE Print