Re: Gnumeric broken in sarge ?

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 07:16:48 +0200, Tim Timmerman wrote:
>   I did my usual apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade last saturday,
>   and discovered that gnumeric wouldn't run anymore. The only message
>   printed is:
>
>   Cannot allocate memory.

Most likely the gnumeric process is being loaded against both gnutls7 and
gnutls10.

Sarge's base GNOME libraries are now GNOME 2.6 ones linked against gnutls10,
but it still has a libgnomeprint linked against a libcupsys2 linked against
gnutls7.

>   I've tried rebuilding the package from scratch, and reinstalling it,
>   but that didn't make any difference.

That's because the problem isn't in gnumeric itself, but rather the result
of a conflict among gnumeric's dependencies.

>   Anyone have any suggestions ?

If you can do without printing via CUPS,
	"rm /usr/lib/libgnomeprint/2.4.2/modules/libgnomeprintcups.so",
else
- wait for the cupsys transition to happen in sarge (see
  http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=gnumeric) or
- install libcupsys2-gnutls10 and libgnomeprint2.2-0 from sid.

HTH,
Ray
--
"The software `wizard' is the single greatest obstacle to computer literacy
since the Mac."