RE: "sarge" install: "Install base system" bombs and disk errors(?)

On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 20:20, Allen Williams wrote:
> Greg,
>
> Thanks for the help.  What do you mean, you used jigdo?  I just ftp'd it
> (onto a Windows NT4.0 machine) and burned an iso image.  It booted OK, but
> I'm getting all kinds of CD errors.
>
> Thanks,
> Allen

My mistake...you don't need jigdo.  Here's the page for the daily
releases

http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/

You can use ftp as you did but make sure that you burn the CD as an iso
file.  I used a windowsXP machine and roxio in which I had to
specifically tell it to copy the file as a CD image.  It sounds like you
got this far.  Make sure you are then connected to the internet through
your wireless card or ethernet card.  It should guide you pretty much
the rest of the way.  If you choose expert26 vga=771 at the boot prompt
you should be on your way.  Having said that I just tried doing the same
thing on a different brand of laptop and no luck with the wireless card.
Go figure!

Good luck,

Greg