Re: Most Polite Apps for Window Managers?

Esteban Martinez wrote:
Ed Sutherland wrote:

I'm considering moving from one of the giant desktop environments (Gnome) to a svelter window manager (blackbox or windowmaker.) I

no need to consider:-) you can just try different WMs, most of them even without restarting X (last time I tried it KDE didn't alow this), just go to the main (debian) menu and pick a WM from Window Manager menu.

understand some apps require only the gnome or kde toolkits, while others require the whole kit-and-kaboodle to operate. I'm wondering if these app categories can politely run in a window manager (that is, using just the gnome toolkit.)

E-mail (Thunderbird)
Web (Firefox)
Office (OpenOffice)

  these run ok with different WMs

in general there are (almost) no problems related to running apps in different WMs

Contacts (Rubrica)

  never tried this one,

	erik