debian sarge and vmware with kernel 2.6

Hi ppl,

I hva got som e trouble running Vmware GSX 3.0 on Debian sarge. After it has been running perfectely for a couple of weeks I reached at point where I hit the limit of (I/O) and it starts to crasch! Does anyone have any ideas why?

It is an Amd 2500+ cpu on Asus A7N8X motherboard with 3ware 8506-8 controller and 4 disks. It is cruicial for me to know why since the plan is to by Vmware but I'm not so found of Redaht or Suse. Kernel used is 2.6.5

Or any recomendatin of prebuilt kernels?

Best regards!
Joakim Nordberg
Nordberg & Nordberg
Nordberg.org