Re: alt key is sticky after upgrading sid today.

Michael Flaig wrote:

Hi all,

... if i press alt+tab to select another window and release alt and tab,
the window list keeps being visible and the window does not get
selected. it seems that the alt key is sticky now.
keyboard configuration
xfree86 - 105 keys german - nodeadkeys

how could that be? what could be the problem?

have already downgraded Xfree to the previous version. problem still not fixed :-(
gnome isn't the problem, it occures also in KDE.

From Debian-KDE list:

XFree86 packages that entered unstable recently. Downgrading them back
to 4.3.0.dfsg.1-4 has fixed it for me now.

 ok, I had this:

   $ xmodmap | grep mod1
   mod1        Alt_L (0x7d),  Meta_L (0x7e)

 I don't remember having Meta_L there any time, i.e. before dfsg.1-5.
 So after doing:

   $ xmodmap -e 'clear mod1 -e 'add mod1 = Alt_L'

 everything seems to do fine again.
 Note that xmodmap -e 'remove mod1 = Meta_L' didn't work for me.

 See also #254923.

Paul Scott