Re: SA going downhill [SCANNED]

On 6/18/04 7:22 AM, "Antony" wrote:

>>> [snip]
>>> I was just thinking I would have to
>>> learn how to use SA, and now you tell me that might not be much
>>> better...
>>
>> I'm about to start using 'RulesDuJour' on recommendations that it's
>> greatly reduced spam levels by people who are using it.
>>
>> http://www.exit0.us/index.php/RulesDuJour (It's basically lots of
>> customer SpamAssassin rules, which can be updated via a cron job once
>> a day).
>>
>> Might be something for you to also look at.
>
> I took a look at this, very promising.  I've just installed it, and if
> it works well, I'll create a Debian package.  Install is easy enough,
> although a package is always nice.

We have about 20-30 k of mail flowing into our central mail server using
Debian and MS/SA. We installed the RulesDuJour and some of the other filters
people have written as well as the new SpamCop_URI and we see only 10-20
sneak in over night. Not to shabby :)

You may want to join the MailScanner and SpamAssassin lists if you really
want to keep on top of this (it can be almost a full time job in its self).
Be-aware both those list are very active...
--
David Thurman
The Web Presence Group