Re: programming editor

William Ballard wrote:

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 12:07:18AM +0100, Anders Karlsson wrote:
XEmacs is another editor that could be worth looking into. Bit nicer interface than plain Emacs, and should not take up too much more space than plain Emacs.

For vim, you can always install Gvim to give you more of a GUI version.

Alternatively, there is NEdit which I have not personally used for some 7 years, but developers where I supply services swear by it.

I use Kate. It has regular expression find/replace, syntax highlighting, bookmarks, code block collapsing, and panes. Gets the job done for me, although I wouldn't use it for big projects. For editing 5 or 6 files, it's a breeze and easy to learn.

I'll always be a vim guy at heart, but I liked Kate for keeping multiple files open at a time. I did find something interesting called CUTE

http://cute.sourceforge.net/index.html