Re: programming editor

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 12:39:35AM +0100, Anders Karlsson wrote:

> I am sure there is an Emacs mode *somewhere* that would allow this. Perhaps
> in picture mode it can be done.

 XEmacs does rectangular cut/paste with regular text files.

 Hold Alt-<Mouse Right Button> and drag the mouse, and you will be marking
 a rectangular area.

 Then kill it with C-x r k.  Put the cursor where you want to paste, and
 type C-x r y. If you don't want to delete the rectangular text from the
 original location, just undo with C-x u after killing the rectangle, and
then paste it. (A 'copy rectangle to kill buffer' command would avoid this,
but couldn't find one when I searched, I admit.)

 Regards,

 	 					Victor