Re: xmms strangeness

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 15:25:35 -0500
cecil <xeys_00@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Jacob S. wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:37:07 -0500
> >Cecil <xeys_00@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >>I just ran ldconfig and got this afterwards, when i tried to run
> >xmms>again:
> >>
> >>Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
> >>Xlib: No protocol specified
> >>

> >>** CRITICAL **: Unable to open display
> >>kitty:/home/cecil#
> >>
> > sired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
> > |
> > Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-insta
> > lled|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err:
> >
> > uppercase=bad)
> > +++-==============-==============-=================================
> > =========== un  libmikmod2     <none>         (no description
> > available)
> >
> is what i get

Ok, so libmikmod2 is uninstalled, for whatever reason. Run
"apt-get install libmikmod2" as root and then restart xmms to see if it
works again.

HTH,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #46:
Your mouse has moved. Windows must be restarted before the changes will
take effect. Reboot now? [OK]