Re: FDDI vs Fast Switched Ethernet

Pete,

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 10:29:35PM +0100, Pete Clarke wrote:

> I currently have a switched fast ethernet network installed in my house.
> Each room has network points, and all traffic goes through Cat 5e cables
> and10/100 switches.

As far as I know Cat5e (which is better quality tah Cat5) cables are capable of doing
1000baseTx. I would suggest you to do some measurements and tests with two node directly
attached across your cables with Gigabit-Ethernet-Cards.

If this test is ok, you could think about the replacement of your switches ...

Regards,

	Klaus