Re: getting started with LISP

"LISP" is a family of languages. There are three main existing LISP
dialects: Common Lisp, Scheme, and Emacs Lisp.

I use Common Lisp the most. If you want to learn Oommon Lisp I'd
recommend installing the sbcl package, which is a Common Lisp
compiler, and getting SLIME, a Lisp IDE for Emacs
(http://common-lisp.net/project/slime/) from CVS (it isn't packaged
for Debian yet since it hasn't had a real release yet). There are also
numerous Common Lisp libaries in Debian that you can find with
apt-cache search.

~Phillip

--
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." --Alan Kay