Re: What irc software?

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 01:11:46PM -0500, Cecil wrote:
} Being fairly new to linux, I need to know what irc program is generally
} considered to be the best by most people. even better if it was a combo
} proggie that had aim, msn, yahoo, etc in it too... Sorry yall, i'm new.

I've used gaim (which has aim, msn, yahoo, etc. as well) for IRC, but I
eventually moved to xchat. I found that gaim didn't handle IRC as nicely
as xchat for my purposes. YMMV, however, and I recommend trying both.
There is also kopete, which is comparable to gaim but is KDE-based
rather than GNOME-based.

} Cecil
--Greg