kde & gimp problems when zooming in

Context: P4, linux debian testing with boxed kde 3.2 and gimp 1.2.3.

1)
I often update my linux box by means of 'apt-get update'  and 'apt-get
upgrade' .
(I suppose that) After one of this updating operation I'm no longer able in
the gimp to zoom in an image to 1:1 by pressing only the key "1" which
instead open the dialogue windows to open a file (in a nutshell 1 has become
a shortcut of "file-open" !!!!!????).

What should I do?

2)
only  the shortcut '1' is clearly suggested in the zoom menu of the gimp to
zoom to 1:1.
Is it possible to give other shorcuts for the other sizes (2:1 or 1:2, for
instance) and how?

Ciao
Vittorio