Re: accessing a fuji digital camera

On Tuesday 15 June 2004 12:40, Enrico Zini wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 05:46:37PM -0800, Greg Madden wrote:
>
>> > And after I try to mount it (mount /dev/sda /mnt/fuji):
>
> mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/fuji
>
> You must use "sda1", not "sda": the data is on the first (and only)
> partition of the "disk".

When I use my USB card reader, I usually go through this:

$ mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/card
mount: special device /dev/sda1 does not exist

$ mount /dev/sda /mnt/card
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda,
       or too many mounted file systems

Then /dev/sda1 magically appears and I can mount it:
$ mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/card

If I umount it and put another card in without waiting too long, I can
still mount /dev/sda1, but but that device disappears after a few
hours.  Is this normal?  Can it be fixed?