Re: Re-run Grub???

Ken Simon wrote:

MillTek wrote:

Now that I have Sarge loaded on one of my partitions, I would like to re-run Grub so that it will re-scan the partitions to make the boot menu (where you pick the OS you want to load). Is there a way to do this?? If you know can you show me the commands. (I did go to the grub website but they have an all-new grub and an older one and I haven't a clue which one Sarge uses)

Thanks,
Jim

update-grub should rescan the disks and make a new config file, and grub-install /dev/hdx installs it to drive x

--
Ken Simon
Website: http://ninkendo.org

Thanks Ken. Just what I needed.