Re: Save to Live CD

Ian Melnick wrote:

I'd like to use a "live" cd and be able to save my stuff to it without
requiring a separate medium. What I'd like to happen is partition a
cd-rw so that the first part is from the iso that I'd download from
somewhere, and the second part would be a writable filesystem (udf?)
that I'd be able to mount as /home.

First of all, given the speed that these things write/read at, is this
idea realistic/possible?

I know you said "without requiring a separate medium", but wouldnt an easier solution be a USB keyring drive for /home, /etc and other volotile files rather than what you are suggesting. I know its not what your asking, but it does go a long way towards whay you are trying to achieve.

You speed issues with RW-CD would no longer be a problems as the CD can be RO from the start

Keith.
  Keith O'Connell.
  Maidstone, Kent. (UK)
  kroc@blueyonder.co.uk