Re: a pair of questions

On Sat, 2004-06-12 at 05:45, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 01:01:51PM +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to see some software to manage and track devices and associate
> > them with a fixed fstab entry. It would probably work in conjunction w/
> > hotplug.
>
> The name is udev, it already exists. It seems to work very well,
> unfortunately, in my case, I haven't been able to make it work with my
> memory stick slot, otherwise works very good.

In what way does it not work?

I have a 4-slot card reader and have tested both the CF and SD slots (I
have no memory sticks so could test that slot).  I did have a problem
where udev wouldn't create the partition entries (sda1 etc.) for slots
which does not already contain a card.  The problem was the reader not
implementing a media change notification. Using udev's
NAME{all_partitions} to create all 16 partition entries worked around
the issue.

--
Steven Yap <syap@shaw.ca>