Re:Cannot re-config xfree86

Hi folks,

The PC I am having is built from scratch. I buy the Intel 865GBFmotherboard w a 2.6GHz HT CPU, a 256MB single module memory, the storage peripherals, a chassis w a 450W PSU and assemble them up. The BIOS is fr Intel, the original was rev P10 but I had upgraded it to P14 a couple of months back.

The on-board 865G chipset  supports AGP  which uses up to 64MB of the main memory for video RAM. Besides this there's also a 8x AGP slot. The BIOS video config is :

AGP Aperture Size 64MB
Primary Video Adapter AGP
Frame Buffer Size 16MB

I think the /dev/agpgart error and the DRI warning is because I don't have a card on the AGP slot and I have selected the device and DRI in the kernel config.

My desired setting is 1024x768 res with 24-bit color. 64MB video ram should be able to support this, right?

Cheers

Do you Yahoo!?