Re: Please advise me...

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 the mental interface of
Cecil told:

> I will be buying a new laptop for school. I would like to wipe windows off and
> put just debian on. I need a laptop that linux has full support for. I plan
> to make this purchase within the next 2 months. Can anyone advise me? The
> only other alternative is buying an apple ibook and they are pretty pricy.

But a realy good choice ;-) Alternative you can have a look at IBM's
ThinkPad R- and T-series. The centrino technology is provided now by
a proprietary driver yet. There will be open-source ones later.

Ciao

Elimar

--
  Learned men are the cisterns of knowledge,
  not the fountainheads ;-)