Re: Website creating software

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 06:55:34 +0530
"Sridhar M.A." <mas@mylug.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 01:08:49PM -0500, Jacob S. wrote:
>    > On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:36:52 -0600
>    > "Monique Y. Mudama" <spam@bounceswoosh.org> wrote:
>    >
>    > > On 2004-06-07, Nick Smith penned:
>    > > > there is no way im going to design complex image maps or
>    > > > anything else with lengthy code by hand any more, too much
>    > > > chance for error and it takes way too long to do it.  i wish
>    > > > wine would pick up the pace and
>    > >
>    > > Playing devil's advocate here ... when is an imagemap the right
>    > > solution?
>    >
>    > I was going to be a little easier; why not use GIMP to create the
>    > map?(Right click on an open image, Filters - Web - Image Map.)
>    >
> imaptool is one simple program to get the image maps. A more full
> featured program is kimagemapeditor.

imaptool looks good, but it's kind of hard not being able to see where
you've already defined image maps - how do you make sure you don't
overlap or leave an area uncovered. I leave a gimp window open at all
times for editing images anyway, plus I like their format better.

Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #55:
Given enough time and money, eventually Microsoft will re-invent UNIX.