Re: saving iptables rules?

Ralph Crongeyer wrote:
How does one save iptables rules in Debian "Unstable/SID"? I've tried iptables-save and get some output with no errors, but when I reboot all my rules are gone? Is there a "Debian way" of doing this? Rather than write my own startup script I want to find out if there's a standard way
<snip>

I came across this same issue when I wanted to save my iptables settings a while back. Eventually I ended up setting up my own init script using the Debian way (update-rc.d and friends). I can post the script and my notes on the list if you want.

HTH,
--
Harshwardhan Nagaonkar
CAEDM Applications