Re: Console only box?

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 10:44:30AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> David Haughton wrote:
> > I still prefer lynx over links (or links2 or whatever).

That is fair ...

> 1: This is debian list.  As such it behooves you to follow the CoC as laid out
> here: <http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/>.  You'll note that it states
> clearly one should not CC unless requested.  I did not, have not nor will not
> request a CC.  Please adhere to the CoC.  Thanks.

Relax.  It ain't as bad as spam.

> 2: Lynx suffers from a decided lack of formatting and frames support, links
> does not.  As such many pages that are completely unreadable in lynx are
> perfectly usable in links.  Since most people don't know about links nor its
> formatting capabilities they often see lynx, see how useless it is and give up
> on text browsers.  Best to point them at the one that at least can render
> something more than the HTML equivolent of "hello world".  :P

But look at bright side :)

When you want to extract a content of a frame, it will be nicer to use
lynx (I usually use links.)

So any shortcomings may be considered feature.  Just like life.  We just
have to make best of it.

Osamu

        Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>  Brussels Belgium, GPG-key: A8061F32
 .''`.  Debian Reference: post-installation user's guide for non-developers
 : :' : http://qref.sf.net and http://people.debian.org/~osamu
 `. `'  "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" --- Social Contract