Re: ssh delays and drops

On 2004-06-11 14:18:05 -0400, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> I have been noticing lately some significant delays in my ssh
> connections when I log in from work. At first I thought that it could
> be that my signals were been studied behind the firewall at my work,
> but later I found out that some other users had the same problem when
> connecting from their homes via putty. I also use putty for win-m$
> from work. Some times the connection is even dropped because of the
> delay. I have thought of another possibility, which is the port 22
> being partially blocked may be by my isp. I don't know how to check
> for this. Any ideas?

You can try:
  * ssh -vvv
  * ethereal (to capture the IP packets)

I've also had various problems with ssh connections (being slow and
could even be closed with strange error messages). This was due to
attacks to a router at my lab, delaying some IP packets.

100% validated (X)HTML - Acorn / RISC OS / ARM, free software, YP17,
Championnat International des Jeux Mathématiques et Logiques, etc.