Re: Kernel patches??

Hello!

Please don't just reply to a previous posting in order to start a new
thread. Instead, compose a new mail inserting the list address.

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 01:56:01PM -0400, Ishwar Rattan wrote:
> How do the patches work? If I want to apply patch-2.6.7-rc3.gz, does
> it apply to kernel-2.6.6 sources directly or all the previous patches
> have to applied first? (Is the 2.6.7-rc3 patch cumulative??)

This file looks like you have downloaded it from kernel.org. Extensive
documentation can be found there, i.e. it says about your type of
patch (kernel prepatch):
"Prepatches are the equivalent to alpha releases for Linux; they live
in the testing directories in the archives. They should be applied
using the patch(1) utility to the source code of the previous full
release."

HTH,
Flo