Re: apt-get through a proxy

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 09:37:14AM -0600, Marvin Gerardo Aguero Salazar wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am currently on an installation that accesses the internet over a
> proxy.  apt-get stopped working for me with this configuration.
>
> Is there a way to get apt-get working via a proxy?
 http
 {
    Proxy "http://<ip>:<port>";
    Timeout "120";
    Pipeline-Depth "5";
    No-Cache "false";
    Max-Age "86400";     // 1 Day age on index files
    No-Store "false";    // Prevent the cache from storing archives
  };
in /etc/apt/apt.conf or you export the http_proxy env variable.

HTH
Sven

--
If God passed a mic to me to speak