Re: missing /dev/lp0

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 17:35, Kevin Mark wrote:

> Hi Glenn,
> D'oh! I forgot I use discover! it automatially loads modules.
> I did a 'lsmod' and sure enough, I found this!
>
> Module                  Size  Used by
> parport_pc             31040  1
> lp                     10564  0
> parport                37960  2 parport_pc,lp
> there are more, but I think this is required minimum for printing.

I have recompiled the kernel with e parallel port setting as modules:

CONFIG_PARPORT=m
CONFIG_PARPORT_PC=m
CONFIG_PARPORT_PC_CML1=m
CONFIG_PARPORT_SERIAL=m
# CONFIG_PARPORT_AMIGA is not set
# CONFIG_PARPORT_MFC3 is not set
# CONFIG_PARPORT_ATARI is not set
# CONFIG_PARPORT_GSC is not set
# CONFIG_PARPORT_SUNBPP is not set
# CONFIG_PARPORT_IP22 is not set
CONFIG_PARPORT_OTHER=y
CONFIG_PARPORT_1284=y

This is my /etc/modules file now:
apm power_off=1
parport_pc
lp
parport

but when I do an lsmod I get this:
parport_pc             15748   0
parport                27400   0  [parport_pc]
apm                    10796   2

lpstat -t yields:
Unable to open parallel port device file "/dev/lp0": No such device

Anyone know what I have done wrong?

Thanks

Glenn