Re: Help! Debian-Installer Dies with various umount errors

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 12:34 -0400, shrevie@ntnation.com wrote:
> I have tried the Beta 4 Sarge installer, Beta 4 Net Installer, and
> Testing Candidate 1 Net Install (all for i386) and my installs always
> die at Installing the Base System. (I always do a clean install, letting
> the installer use the entire disk).

How large is your disk? I was running into similar issues, and it turns
out base-installer at some point runs `df /target/` to determine the
target disk. If your disk is large enough, the "1k-blocks" column runs
into the "Filesystem" column, adding all manner of digits to the end of
the filesystem address.

My email on the issue is under the subject "Installer fails on
initrd-tools"

-Dan C