Re: Help! Debian-Installer Dies with various umount errors

I had simalar issues on one machine. It looks like the installer can't read from the disk at some point. Anyway try a different/newer CDROM drive. It worked for me.

Ralph

Joey Hess wrote:
shrevie@ntnation.com wrote:

I have tried the Beta 4 Sarge installer, Beta 4 Net Installer, and
Testing Candidate 1 Net Install (all for i386) and my installs always
die at Installing the Base System. (I always do a clean install, letting
the installer use the entire disk).

Looking in the error logs, I see:

umount: /target/dev/pts: No such file or directory
umount: /target/dev/shm: No such file or directory
umount: /target/proc/bus/usb: Invalid argument

These are not errors. You need to look further up in the log for the
actual error message.