What package contains file X? (was: Unable to compile Launch.app (WindowMaker))

Hello!

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 12:04:10PM -0400, Lee Hanxue wrote:
> Basically, gcc is complaining that WMaker.h cannot be located. I
> looked through the available packages, and I cannot find something
> like wmaker-dev. Is there a package with WindowMaker sources?

Some possibilities:

- apt-file ("apt-get install apt-file", info: "apt-cache show apt-file")

- the online search at <http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages>

- dpkg -S / dlocate (only when package is already installed)

Several alternatives to these ways exist.

HTH,
Flo