Re: newb question: user switching in KDE?

On 06/07/04 20:00, Mal Beaton wrote:
Kent West wrote:
[...]
Then to switch between users, Ctrl-Alt-F7 to switch to the first session, Ctrl-Alt-F8 to the second, Ctrl-Alt-F9 to the third, etc.
[...]

Thanks for the idea. That is good. However I start the second session
ctl-alt-f2
login as another user

startx -- :1
starts fine

ctl=alt-f7 back to my first session

then I ctl-alt-f2 back to other session
it has crashed
no real (EE) showing.

Any ideas of what to look for
????

The X terminal you want to go back to is Ctrl-Alt-F8, as Ken said. I know because I've made the same error. For me, it was gdm not kdm, but same deal, I think. (I'm no expert.)

Actually, now that I'm looking at how I launch the 2nd X session, it's a one line shell script:

DISPLAY=:1 startx -- :1

Regards.